Monday, May 12, 2008

The '167

How did I end up in the middle of a cornfield in the middle of nowhere? Were we really "hearing from God"? Or, were we just impulsive? I look at the reasons why we left Tennessee- the ministry was very intense, our marriage needed to be focused on and we wanted to provide a better life for Tayler. At the time we were a part of a growing ministry in the inner-city and foster parents to two beautiful girls that we had hoped to adopt. We knew that moving anywhere out of state would surely mean saying good-bye to them forever. But, since we didn't know how long they would be in foster care we could not base our lives around them. If we had we probably would not have stayed together long enough anyway.

To read the rest go here...
(WARNING: This is a longer post than usual and one that I could have continued much longer)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were able to visit with Rachel and family. We loved it when she was here with the kids.
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

This COMMENT is for the blog from BRIAN about his mom:

Well said, Brian.
My dad has been gone almost 9 years. Yesterday in the car I was listening to an old country song that I knew he knew & I swear, for a second, I could hear him singing along (b/c he always did, whether he knew the words or not).
It was good.
She knew you loved her. You are forgiven, just as you have forgiven her.
-Rebekah

PS - about the previous blog re youth ministry - have you ever considered being an area director for Young Life?