Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I was wondering how this day would unfold. I've had a sense of dread as it approached. But, here goes...

Mom, I love you and I miss you. I know we didn't talk the last several years you were here but I thought about you often. As parents we often hope our children will understand and appreciate the sacrifices and decisions we made while they were kids. I think of the traditions you instilled in us and a sense of belief in ourselves. I'm sure my life has been more influenced by you than even I realize.

For the rest go here...

To Karin:
I always believed you were a good mom. I saw how you loved Tayler and it was one of the qualities that drew me to you. Some people wonder if their wives will be good moms but I had a chance to see you in action before we were married. Tayler is who he is today mostly because of you and your love for him.

Now, after seven years, we stand on the brink of having our first child together. I have seen you grow over the years into a more confident person. I have watched you come alive thinking of Baby Hume and wanting to make our house a home for him. I know that he is loved and will grow up in a home with a mom and dad who will help him believe in himself. I am so proud to call you "my wife". You have given me so much and I know our children will call you blessed. Thank you for loving me, supporting me and always believing in me. You are the love of my life and I can't wait to see what the next year holds for us.

No comments: