Friday, June 06, 2008

A Sanctuary.....









So, this is Phase Six of my so called nesting. I am working on creating a Sanctuary for our room before Baby Hume arrives. I was so blessed to receive bedroom furniture for my birthday last week from Brian....we finally now have a king size bed! This is my first new bed -EVER!! I am so excited! I painted the room today. Our matresses won't be here until Wednesday, so we put the queen ones on there until then. We will also be shopping this weekend or this week for throw pillows, curtains, maybe some shelving, etc.....So, I am done now with all of this painting! I have painted all of the rooms in our home besides the bathrooms and hallway. (I started painting at 14 weeks) I am hoping Brian will paint the rest but if not, I will be doing it (if I can muster the energy up)

The pictures on the dresser are ones Rachel took a few weeks ago that Brian blew up for me and framed. He also got me the pregnant Willow Tree angel..when we were dealing with infertility, I would see the pregnant WTA and say, I will never get to get that one! So, this was special that he bought me this one for my birthday...I seem to be collecting them...

PS I should've taken pics of our dormitory style furniture from before.....just trust me, this is MUCH BETTER!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks great! love the pics!

Anonymous said...

its beautiful. congrats on all the hard work! - Mandi-

Emilie M. said...

You are like a week behind my sister! She is due at the end of August! You will LOVE the king bed! We got one about four months ago and we should've gotten one years ago!! Anyways, I like your color combo too! I am so excited for you guys and baby Hume!

Aimee said...

Beautiful, love that shade of paint. BUT the brightest thing in your new bedroom is the faith & love you and your hubby have in our Lord. I'm just so happy for you guys and love the joy on your face in the pics on the dresser.
Blessings my friend,
Aimee

Anonymous said...

I agree with Aimee's comment - Rebekah