Monday, August 20, 2007

Restoration Church First Service

It was so easy and so much fun. Everything was smooth and I believe God worked in some very cool ways in people's lives. I know the inevitable question is "how many?" and to be honest I intentionally did not count. We have an estimate but frankly I don't care how many. I know the Lord showed up and we worshipped. There were some innovative things that we implemented and people really responded well to them. I was able to share my heart for ministry and I believe those in attendance share that same vision. We will continue to meet and do ministry in these communities.

I will say that one of the cooler things is the diversity of people in attendance. We had every age group from infant to senior adult represented. That is very unusual in church plants. Normally you will only have one segment represented. Right away it looked as though we had been meeting for awhile.

So, all in all I would consider it a HUGE success. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Our next date is September 23rd and the topic is "Is there more to faith?" I am excited to explore this topic and challenge the way we view our faith life and hopefully come to a greater understanding of what it means to have faith.

No comments: