Sunday, December 16, 2007

Graduation Day





Yes, it snowed and yes, it could have been treacherous. However, after two years of work and sacrifice I just could not pass up the graduation ceremony. I wanted to go for the official recognition and closure of the completion of this degree. It turns out that the storm was not as bad as predicted and we made it with relative ease. I'm glad because it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

It was really exciting being there with so many others and celebrating this accomplishment. There were only three guys (including myself) that graduated from my cohort. But, there were about 1,800 that graduated yesterday. Thankfully they had three graduations and many people chose not to come to ours so it went by relatively quick.

We had a good time even though it was a little sad to say good-bye to guys that had challenged and encouraged me over the past couple of years. Also, it was surprisingly sad to leave IWU even though I was only on campus a few times. I'm not sure if I'll pursue a doctorate or possibly a second Masters but I will enjoy this degree for now.

No comments: