Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our next appt


Our next appt is Friday, the 21st. I can't wait b/c we get to hear the baby's heartbeat again. We definitely treasure that. This appt came up fast. I guess that is b/c we had the ultrasound in between appt's. I am just so thankful that all is going well and that we REALLY are pregnant. It is such a miracle, that sometimes it is hard for me to believe. The next milestone I am really looking forward to is feeling the baby move. I should begin to feel him/her move in the next several weeks. Some websites say I could begin to feel movement this week (13 weeks) especially b/c this isn't our fist child. But, I am figuring it will be closer to 16 weeks. I definitely can not wait b/c that will be such a bonding time.

Your Baby's Development at Week 13 of Pregnancy
At 13 weeks pregnant, your baby can now probably flex its arms and kick its legs. He or she may also be able to put a thumb in his or her mouth, although the sucking muscles are not yet completely developed.

Below is some information from at website that I thought I would share:

Other fetal development that occurs when you are 13 weeks pregnant typically includes the following:

The appearance of fingernails
The beginnings of fingerprints and footprints
The appearance of tooth buds for all 20 baby teeth
The start of vocal cord formation
The movement of eyes (closer together) and the ears (to a normal position)
The appearance of visible ribs
The development of the trachea, lungs, stomach, liver, pancreas, and intestines

P.S. If you are still reading, I just love this picture of the baby chillin'. His/her arms look like they are behind the head with the feet crossed. Too funny!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we need to see a belly pic now! You're in your second trimester, so it's time :)

Aimee said...

Isn't God's creation of a new life just amazing? Cherish every moment. Can't wait to see the belly pics, LOL!