Monday, March 26, 2007

The babysitter's club!






This weekend could be classified as a babysitter's club. We had Tayler's best friend along with his two sisters spend the weekend with us....and yes, of course, I loved having girl time! (I actually got teary when I dropped them off at home-okay, I know I am a dork!) One of the girls, a third grader, in an ever authoratative manner, said "It is so unfair you have to go shopping and to the hair salon alone. You need a daughter!" Do you hear that Brian? :)I have a new advocate!

We also had neighbor kids over all weekend. Along with that, Tayler had his long awaited first babysitting job! He has been counting down for the last two years- to turn 12 so that he can participate in Safe Sitter and begin his entrepreneurship of babysitting:)

He did an excellent job with her. She is two years old and an easy toddler, so it was a great first job. Of course, I was training him and he had to split his earnings with good ol' mom (Starbucks is calling my name!) He even changed her diapers perfectly. Way to go, Tayler!! It was awesome having so many kids over and reminded us of our days as foster parents when our house was never quiet and a home to so many.

3 comments:

Emilie M. said...

you're so good! :)

Aimee said...

Your weekend looked like a lot of fun!!

I luv your blog by the way.

Praying for you.....

Emilie M. said...

http://kenschenck.blogspot.com/search/label/Wesleyan%20Church