Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The DNC

I guess I get my conservative roots from my parents, mentors and friends. However, I have attempted to keep a somewhat open mind to the Democratic Party. In my lifetime there have only been two Democrat Presidents (Carter and Clinton). I think this speaks to the overall values of our nation. With this in mind we enter a new political season and the brink of history as Senator Obama accepts his party's nomination. I watched Hillary's speech last night and thought she walked the line pretty tight between supporting Obama and letting people know she is the better candidate. It was a speech meant to bring unity to a party that is harshly divided but in the end it just reminded Hillary supporters why they would rather have her as their candidate than Barack. As a Republican I would rather have seen Hillary win the nomination because I believe she would be able to handle the rigors of the presidency better than Barack. I just can't believe that a party (less likely a whole nation) would nominate someone with so little experience and history in politics. Twelve years ago he was attending a convention dreaming and was probably inspired to give it a swing and now he is months away from being the leader of the free world. It speaks well to the American Dream but is it best for the country?

For the rest of this go here

No comments: