Sunday, March 07, 2010

I did it!

I did it! I ran my first 10 miler! It was crazy. I started out way too fast..and it hurt me in the long run. I didnt realize how fast I was going until too late. I also am coming down with C's cold, worked from 7-1 before we left, and b/c of that downed my lunch right before the run...All of that made for somebrutal belly cramps and just overall fatigue
.
But in the end, my dear friend, Abby (http://www.mckinneyclan3.blogspot.com/) kept me going. She was there to listen to me whine and make excuses. We fought the good fight and finished in 1:50! We even ran faster up some of the very hills I had to stop on earlier in the run. I am so pumped that we finished. It gives me some encouragement for the Mini....

How's your training going?

3 comments:

McKinney Clan said...

So glad we were able to do this together! I am so proud of you!

Jen said...

WOW! Great job! Like your new blog look:)

indyhumes said...

Thanks..it was all B