Friday, April 23, 2010

Training Update

Its been a while since I've done one of these. I'll have to link  up to my first one so you guys can see. The half marathon is in two weeks from tomorrow! So crazy! My training group only has one more week of running  then its our celebration pasta dinner! It has flown by and I really just cant believe it. As far as training goes, I've really been just getting in 2-3 runs a week the last few weeks. One long. one "short" Last night, I did eight miles at our training group. It was scheduled for Saturday but its supposed to rain all weekend.

The runs are getting much easier and way more enjoyable. I really love the long runs. They still intimidate me but once I get going, confidence sets in. My breathing has improved dramatically! Now, I just need to strengthen my legs.  I do hope to get one short, four or five mile run in on Saturday.

 As far as cross training goes, I never got around to it. I really hope to do it once the half is over. I know it will make a world of difference in my running by strengthening my core and my legs. I cant wait to work on my arms so that they actually take shape..and not just for vein reasons. I just really want to be as strong as I should be.

As I mentioned in another post, I want to train for the Full in November. Still waiting on the green light from my family. I know it will be a HUGE time commitment. They have handled this last six months so well. I love my boys!


                 This was my first training pic I took in November after about five weeks  of running.
What do you guys think? I think I look toner overall, but thats about it. The legs definitely look toner. Of course my arms are the same and the belly is smaller I guess. I think I was about 8 pds heavier here? Of course, I have also gained a lot of muscle so the weight loss may actually be more. To read older training updates or to see my running journey, start in October 09 and go from there.

No comments: