Thursday, June 28, 2007

Yippee-ki-yay


I'm not sure if it's just been too long since I've seen an action movie but I went to see Die Hard yesterday and it was awesome. I started thinking that it's been a long time since I've seen an action movie without mythical creatures or based on a comic book or toy. So, this was a nice change of pace. After all I grew up watching Arnold, Jean-Claude, Steven Segal, Sly, Sigourney Weaver and Bruce Willis save the world several times over from every possible bad guy imaginable.

A good friend of ours gave me a gift certificate to the movies for my birthday. So, I went out to this theater that I have not been very impressed with in the past. However, yesterday changed my impression. I walked in to a theater with the biggest screen I have ever seen besides IMAX. But then when the previews started it got even bigger. Within the first ten minutes of the movie the action started and never let up. It was really a fun movie (IMHO). I told Karin that I might have to take Tayler to see it and now she wants us to all go as a family. It can be Taylers first "adult" action movie. I guess this is kind of a review so I would say that if you like pure action with a viable story then go see this movie. Justin Long (the "Mac" in apples commercials) did a nice job as Willis' co-star.

No comments: