Saturday, January 19, 2008

Some good thoughts from readings this morning

I was reading a book called 31 days of Praise that a dear friend gave me a long time ago. I just started reading it. Today was really good. I wanted to share the first paragraph and also some scripture.

I love you Father b/c you first loved me and sent your Son to atone for my sins. And I stand amazed that Jesus, who by nature HAD ALWAYS BEEN GOD, DID NOT CLING TO HIS RIGHTS AS YOUR EQUAL .....THAT HE LAID ASIDE ALL HIS PRIVILEGES, to be born as a human being...that He totally humbled himself, submitting to the death of a COMMON CRIMINAL, enduring infinite humiliation and pain...that on the cross you laid on Him the compressed weight of al my sin and guilt and shame, OF ALL MY GRIEFS AND SORROWS, and He became sin for me, dying the death I DESERVED."

How many of us demand the respect we think we deserve in our jobs, relationships, marriages, etc b/c of our education, experience, etc. Yet, Jesus who had all privileges took on the death of a COMMON CRIMINAL .....how hard that must've been...he was human as well. How hard would that be for us? Talk about submission. May we all strive to to be that humble, that submissive.

Well, I think I won't share the other verses yet, b/c if you really chew on this, meditate on this, it is life changing.

No comments: