Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Verse meditation

I have been getting up early in the mornings babysitting for a friend so I have had time to sip my delicious coffee and read God's word. A verse I have meditated on each day is one pretty well known but I wanted to share the complete verse. The first part of the verse has been Tayler's favorite since he was five and he always uses it (maybe it was easy to memorize when he was doing that as part of Awana)....a wondeful program by the way that I would advise any parent to put their child in when old enough. They can start at 3.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he GAVE His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world but to save the world THROUGH Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned but whoever does not believe stands condemned already b/c they have not believed in the name of God's ONE AND ONLY Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world but people (you and I) loved the darkness instead of the light b/c their deeds were evil. All those who do evil hate the light and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But those who live by the truth COME INTO THE LIGHT so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done in the sight of God."

Read this over and over and let it resinate in your heart. It is powerful and full of truth.

ps I can see why stay at home moms love it so much. You really do have more time to grow in God's word and just relax. Kuddos to all of you out there. In God's timing, maybe I will be there one day.

No comments: