Friday, January 11, 2008

Some good truth

Yes, babysitting again, so time again to be in God's word and wanted to share some encouragement I read. I was telling Brian last night that as a "seasoned" Christian sometimes it is hard to "get anything" out of the Word b/c you have read it so many times. We both know this isn't true, but sometimes you get in a slump. I again remembered something a wise mentor once told me....to pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal to you what He has to say to you before you read...then apply it to your life...meditate on it. There were many good verses I wanted to share, so you may get more later, but the one on my heart is this.

1 Corinthians 4-9 " I always thank God for you b/c of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For IN HIM (not of your own accord), you have been ENRICHED IN EVERY WAY-with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge-God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. Therefore YOU DO NOT LACK ANY SPIRITUAL GIFT as you eagerly await for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will also keep you FIRM TO THE END, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, who has called you into FELLOWSHIP WITH HIS SON (what a privileage) Jesus Christ our Lord."

How we get into a slump thinking we have nothing to offer...nothing to say....How we also think we won't stand firm but will fail (or I think these things anyway) but this verse says that is a lie from the enemy. I encourage you to meditate on this verse this week and see how it changes your week.

I was also thinking about Brian teaching in a few weeks. I read some good verses pertaining to that as well. So, yes, I will share.

2 Corinthians 2:1-5 "And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come to you with eloquence or HUMAN WISDOM as I proclaimed to you the testimony of God. For I RESOLVED TO KNOW NOTHING while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in WEAKNESS with great fear and trembling (what a thought, Paul of all people) My message and my preaching were not with WISE AND PERSUASIVE WORDS, but with a DEMONSTRATION OF THE SPIRIT'S POWER! so that your faith MIGHT NOT REST IN HUMAN WISDOM, BUT ON GOD'S POWER."

How powerful church "services" would be if pastor's held onto this truth.

I also read that God's weakness is stronger than human strength. Wow-also a deep thought.

Well, that is all for now. Hope it all makes sense!

No comments: