Tuesday, February 09, 2010

First juicing experiment

Kale, cucumber, green apple, parsley, knob of ginger, and celery
look at all that pulp!


Well my HB juicer worked really well! It was so fast and I was amazed. The juice I made was first on the list but probably shouldve been last. It is for seasoned juicers (which I am not!) I am going to make a sweeter one tomorrow. But knowing how good  it is for me, makes it taste that much better! I felt like I had 5 cups of coffee after I was finished!

5 comments:

McKinney Clan said...

Did you know you can make crackers with juice pulp? I saw some recipes on raw blogs. Thought that was very cool.

indyhumes said...

I so didnt want to throw it away...I knew I could do something with it but couldnt remember. Now that you say that, it sounds familiar. I will have plenty this week so I will have to look that up:)

Anonymous said...

that's great! how much do you budget for fruits and veggies for you juice?

indyhumes said...

WE only spend 100 a week on groceries. This week it was half of my bill but it was counting for bfast and lunch, so that was okay

indyhumes said...

WE only spend 100 a week on groceries. This week it was half of my bill but it was counting for bfast and lunch, so that was okay