Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration Day

I know that regardless of my political views this is proving to be an exciting day for millions of people. I will celebrate that America has come to a point where we can nominate and elect an African American as President of the United States. Many of his views are in contrast to mine (I have been as verbal about it as I know how and voted my conscience) and so my criticisms of him and his presidency will be based on that. But, I will refrain from criticism until after noon Eastern Standard Time. I want to show respect to the position and the ceremony of Inauguration just as I would expect people to do for any Republican.

I would like to take a minute and thank President Bush for his service to our country. I am in the minority of people who believes he has done a good job with many things. Some things were outside of his control and he responded as well as I would expect any President to respond. No President will be perfect including Obama.

Congratulations to Barack H. Obama for his victory. I would not wish the next four years on anyone and will lift him in prayer for wisdom, strength, discernment and protection. May God bless America.

Brian

1 comment:

Mogilvy said...

I too, am in the minority with you. I dont think Bush was nearly as bad as people make him out to be. I think he did his best in a very trying time. Anyone can look back and say they wouldnt have done certain things, but they werent in his shoes. Hind sight is 20/20. :)