Monday, January 05, 2009

TN Christmas (Part II)


All the Hume's together (Four generations of us any way)

Everyone just loved on Chase- this is Brian's cousin Katey


Brian's nephew Connor holding Chase- he was so good with him of course he has two little brothers so he has lots of experience!

The "better part" of the Hume family ;)

The Hume men- "oh, oh, oh"- said in a Tim Allen grunt

My cousin Hastings colored a picture for Chase- so thoughtful!

My cousin Candace with Chase

My cousins Katey and Courtney

My "traitorous" nephew Connor holding all his Florida Gator stuff- where has my brother gone wrong?

My granny Paige opening her 32" LCD HDTV

My nephew Calvin holding up his gift from us.

The Hume name shall live on at least one more generation!
(All the Hume cousins together and one second cousin)

Me and my nephew Calvin- we really bonded as the two middle children!
We went to Franklin for a few days after Knoxville to see the Hume's. This was the first time we'd all been together in several years and the first time I'd seen some of them since I was in college. We traveled from Florida, Indiana, Minnesota, Iowa and different parts of Tennessee to make it happen. It was a lot of fun to see everyone and to catch up with what everyone was doing. I grew up in Franklin and so one day we took an "obligatory" trip down memory lane to see our old house, high school, etc.... It will be sad when we no longer have a connection to go there anymore b/c it has always been a hub for gathering together.
While we were in Franklin my brother, sister and I had the opportunity to go through some things that belonged to my mom. It was really interesting going through boxes and seeing all the things my mom had kept and the pictures of us. It made me think that we probably need to start writing down all the things Chase does so he'll have it someday. I'll maybe post some of the pics we found where I could be Chase's twin as well as other fun pictures. My favorite one is one of my mom when she was pregnant with me at Christmas time.
The time definitely went by way too fast. The good news is that my cousin Candace is getting married in August and that should bring us all back together. But, I'm really grateful for the time we had and for how wonderful my family was to us. It was definitely the best Christmas we've had in a long time!
Go Hume's! :)

No comments: