Thursday, January 14, 2010

Adventures in eating SCD


Just bake an organic spaghetti squash

Sautee' onions, mushrooms and bacon

Take out the squash and add mixture. Top with parmesan and you have Spaghetti Carbona

Mix almond butter, eggs, banana and honey

And enjoy these almond butter muffins

Organic Butternut squash chips (still perfecting this)

Organic Carrot chips (again havent mastered yet)


My lunch today (Organic spinach leaves, bleu cheese, organic pears, walnuts and dried cranberries)



"I can't believe its not mashed poatoes" bake
steamed organic cauliflower, sauteed onions and mushrooms, egg, coconut flour, parmesan and spices
(this pic was before it was done and it wont rotate for some reason)



Just simmer almond butter, honey, coconut oil and vanilla. Pour in loaf pan and freeze for one hour

Enjoy these yummy caramels



Tonight's dinner: Organic baked chicken with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, jalepenos and a little bit of cheddar
organic celery with hummus
Here are some pics of food I made yesterday and today. Eating this way is definitely a learning process, but SO worth it. I feel so good knowing that I am feeding my family organic whole foods that give them nutrients and not heart disease or other illnesses. That may seem extreme but if you do the research, you will be quite surprised at what you find in your foods. Those "tasty" foods that seem hard to give up pale in comparison to fresh foods that have natural flavors. I realize its not for everyone but if you are interested, just leave a comment or email me for more specific instructions on recipe's.

What's on your menu for the week?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! Looks so yummy! I look forward to hearing the positive health affects!

indyhumes said...

Thanks Holly! I look forward to reporting them!

McKinney Clan said...

Look at you girl! Love all the pictures. It looks so delicious!

indyhumes said...

Thanks Abby!!

Marian said...

Ok, so they look AMAZING! But what it always boils down to for us is....drum roll.....how much did it increase your weekly grocery budget. No one ever tells me honestly. They always say, "Well, if you think about the doctor copays you are saving down the road, then it all balances out." Unfortunately, I must feed my kids now ;) and 'down the road'...they'll have their own family.

Again, I must say: Your food looks yummmmmy. But can I afford the % increase? This is the question.
And GO YOU! on your goal! that's awesome!!

indyhumes said...

Marion, I am right with you! I shop at Trader Joes and Whole Foods. I CAN NOT go over $100.00 a week. I thought it would be impossible but tried it. It was definitely a learning experience but this week I got way more food and actually feel like we have more food now than we did before! Let me know if I can help!

Marian said...

I'm going to look and see if we have a Trader Joes...I don't think so. But we do have a whole foods. I would be curious to see a weeks worth of recipes if you already have them typed out! Thank you. :) And I love today's post...